DATE AND VENUE
BADBADNOTGOOD // ZARA MCFARLANE
Matthew Tavares keyboards
Chester Hansen bass
Alex Sowinski drums
Leland Whitty saxophone
Zara McFarlane vocals
Peter Edwards keyboards
Max Luthert double and electric bass
Binker Golding tenor saxophone
Sam Jones drums and sound sampling pad
Zara McFarlane, one of the biggest discoveries in British jazz, will be the exciting opening act of this night, which will take place at the KüçükÇiftlik Bahçe. With her radiant voice that has the timbre of early Nina Simone and Roberta Flack, she became one of the new stars of the British jazz scene and garnered great attention after getting nominated in the “Best Act” category at MOBO Awards with her debut album Until Tomorrow. Her third and most current album Arise, released last year, was hailed as her most personal and autobiographic to date. Following the impassioned vocals of McFarlane, who masterfully blends the Caribbean and reggae traditions into jazz and creates a unique texture, BADBADNOTGOOD of Toronto will take the stage with songs that prove their assurance in taking bold steps in modern jazz. The band continued its collaboration with Kendrick Lamar through its work on the soundtrack of the mega-smash film Black Panther and is also known for its covers of hip-hop hits. As a quartet composed of saxophone, drums, keyboards, and bass guitar, BADBADNOTGOOD invites you to an exceptional night under the stars where they will open the doors wide to an unforgettable musical celebration.
Doors open: 19.00
Zara McFarlane: 20.30
- The event is standing.
- For ages 7+
- Children under 18 can attend with accompanying adults with tickets and will also need a ticket. Wristbands in different colours will be provided for those under 18 and over. Wristbands must not be removed until the end of the concert.
- Student IDs need to be produced at the door; otherwise, İKSV holds the right to issue difference tickets or invalidate the ticket in cases where tickets in suitable categories are sold-out.
- Door prices will apply on the event day.
- No food or beverage from outside is allowed in the event area.
- Taking photographs or videos are forbidden at the event. Please do not bring your professional cameras.
- Black, White and Red Tulip Card members can buy a maximum number of two (2) discount tickets, while Yellow Tulip Card members are entitled to one (1) discount ticket per event.
- The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased per event per person is 6.
- The Festival reserves the right to alter the program or artists due to reasons beyond its control. Tickets cannot be returned as long as the programme remains the same.