DATE AND VENUE
KNOWER // BCUC
In recent years, Beykoz Kundura has become one of the most popular venues in the festival showcasing the transformation in modern jazz by hosting such acts as Kamasi Washington, Ibeyi, JUNUN, and Bokanté, and once again will be hosting some of the most exciting acts of recent times. The opening act will be the South African band BCUC, known for their energetic and unique vibrations of funk, afro-punk and psychedelic tones. The band will create an epic ambiance playing songs from their brand new album Emakoshini. The closing act will be Knower, the electronic music duo that will transfix you with their dizzying dynamism. The brain child of Louis Cole and Genevieve Artadi, Knower, which first came to prominence in 2010 through their videos posted on YouTube, will be creating a new folder in your musical cache with their songs that blend electro-pop, funk, and jazz with such originality and hypnotic effect that you have never experienced before. Your feet will be on fire on this evening when jazz will take over the dance floor.
Doors open: 20.00
Dentur Avrasya boats to Beykoz Kundura
(Same boats will go back to Kadıköy and Beşiktaş at the end of the event.)
Place of departure: Between the hot air balloon and Beşiktaş pier
Departure time: 18.30
One way price: 12,5 TL
Place of departure: Dentur Avrasya Beşiktaş pier
Departure time: 19:00
One way price: 10 TL
- The event is standing.
- For ages 7+.
- Children under 18 can attend with accompanying adults with tickets and will also need a ticket. Wristbands in different colours will be provided for those under 18 and over. Wristbands must not be removed until the end of the concert.
- Student IDs need to be produced at the door; otherwise, İKSV holds the right to issue difference tickets or invalidate the ticket in cases where tickets in suitable categories are sold-out.
- Door prices will apply on the event day.
- Transportation to the venue will be provided by toll boats.
- No food or beverage from outside is allowed in the event area.
- Taking photographs or videos are forbidden at the event. Please do not bring your professional cameras.
- Black, White and Red Tulip Card members can buy a maximum number of two (2) discount tickets, while Yellow Tulip Card members are entitled to one (1) discount ticket per event.
- The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased per event per person is 6.
- The Festival reserves the right to alter the program or artists due to reasons beyond its control. Tickets cannot be returned as long as the programme remains the same.