Night Out Concerts
KURT ELLING QUINTET WITH SPECIAL GUEST MARQUIS HILL
Kurt Elling vocals
Stuart Mindeman piano, organ
Clark Sommers bass
John McLean guitar
Adonis Rose drums
Kurt Elling, the Grammy-winning artist who has 12 nominations under his belt and known as one of the most poetic and dynamic singers in contemporary jazz, will crown the festival stage with special guest Marquis Hill who will accompany Elling’s high-scale voice and swanky lyrics. Hill, who is among the musicians that modernise Chicago jazz pioneered by Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton, and King Oliver, continues his career in New York since 2014 where he is heating up the jazz scene with his performances alongside such marquee names as Marcus Miller and Joe Lovano, as well as working on his solo projects. Elling and Hill have been collaborating on some of the most prominent jazz stages around the world and this is their first time playing together in Istanbul. Get yourself a seat!
Doors open: 19.00
- The event is seated.
- For ages 7+
- Children under 18 can attend with accompanying adults with tickets and will also need a ticket. Wristbands in different colours will be provided for those under 18 and over. Wristbands must not be removed until the end of the concert.
- Student IDs need to be produced at the door; otherwise, İKSV holds the right to issue difference tickets or invalidate the ticket in cases where tickets in suitable categories are sold-out.
- No food or beverage from outside is allowed in the event area.
- Taking photographs or videos are forbidden at the event. Please do not bring your professional cameras.
- Black, White and Red Tulip Card members can buy a maximum number of two (2) discount tickets, while Yellow Tulip Card members are entitled to one (1) discount ticket per event.
- The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased per event per person is 6.
- The Festival reserves the right to alter the program or artists due to reasons beyond its control. Tickets cannot be returned as long as the programme remains the same.