DATE AND VENUE
OMAR SOSA & YILIAN CAÑIZARES
Omar Sosa, who always pays tribute to his African and Cuban roots through his melodies, freely brings together the elements of jazz, world music and Latin in his compositions. After his early youth when he used to secretly listen to American jazz while living in Cuba, he made successful albums to keep this forbidden love alive. Having respect for multiculturalism as his code, he contributed a great deal to Latin jazz through his compositions. A seven-time Grammy nominee and piano virtuoso who gives more than 100 concerts every year around the world, Omar Sosa finally brings his exuberance to Istanbul Jazz Festival. Cuban jazz artist Yilian Cañizeras, who will be accompanying Sosa with her impassioned vocals and violin, is a rare talent who embellishes her love of classical music with jazz, salsa and African rhythms. You won’t be able to get enough of this duo.
Doors open: 20.00
- There are seated and standing options in different ticket categories.
- For ages 7+.
- Children under 18 can attend with accompanying adults with tickets and will also need a ticket. Wristbands in different colours will be provided for those under 18 and over. Wristbands must not be removed until the end of the concert.
- Student IDs need to be produced at the door; otherwise, İKSV holds the right to issue difference tickets or invalidate the ticket in cases where tickets in suitable categories are sold-out.
- Door prices will apply on the event day.
- No food or beverage from outside is allowed in the event area.
- Taking photographs or videos are forbidden at the event. Please do not bring your professional cameras.
- Black, White and Red Tulip Card members can buy a maximum number of two (2) discount tickets, while Yellow Tulip Card members are entitled to one (1) discount ticket per event.
- The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased per event per person is 6.
- The Festival reserves the right to alter the program or artists due to reasons beyond its control. Tickets cannot be returned as long as the programme remains the same.