DATE AND VENUE
OPENING CONCERT: TURKISH JAZZ THROUGH GENERATIONS ON THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF ISTANBUL JAZZ FESTIVAL (TRT Big Band & Guests)
The grand opening concert of Istanbul Jazz Festival on its 25th Anniversary pays tribute to the wide spectrum of Turkish jazz which has morphed into many different forms through many timbres. A cavalcade of stars featuring soloists, composers, and ensembles that have been milestones in Turkish jazz history such as Ali Perret, Ateş Tezer, Ayhan Öztoplu, Ayşe Gencer, Ayşe Tütüncü, Ayşegül Yeşilnil, Barış Ertürk, Burak Cihangirli, Deniz Dündar, Emin Fındıkoğlu, Enver Muhamedi, İlham Gencer, Kerem Görsev, Kristian Lind, Neşet Ruacan, Nezih Yeşilnil, Nilüfer Verdi, Okay Temiz, Önder Focan, Sibel Köse, Şenova Ülker, Tamer Temel, Tuna Ötenel, Volkan Hürsever, Yahya Dai will be performing together for the first time, accompanied by TRT Big Band conducted by Kamil Özler. The concert will sow the seeds of a special series that the festival is planning to present in the coming years. This sublime panorama will be remembered for years to come!
Doors open: 21.00
- The event is seated.
- For ages 7+
- Children under 18 can attend with accompanying adults with tickets and will also need a ticket.
- Student IDs need to be produced at the door; otherwise, İKSV holds the right to issue difference tickets or invalidate the ticket in cases where tickets in suitable categories are sold-out.
- No food or beverage from outside is allowed in the event area.
- Taking photographs or videos are forbidden at the event. Please do not bring your professional cameras.
- Black, White and Red Tulip Card members can buy a maximum number of two (2) discount tickets, while Yellow Tulip Card members are entitled to one (1) discount ticket per event.
- The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased per event per person is 6.
- The Festival reserves the right to alter the program or artists due to reasons beyond its control. Tickets cannot be returned as long as the programme remains the same.