DATE AND VENUE
Robert Glasper keys, rhodes
Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah trumpet
Terrace Martin saxophon, vocoder, keys
Taylor McFerrin keys, electronics
Justin Tyson drums
Derrick Hodge bass
For Robert Glasper reflecting the times in his output is the golden rule for making music. Inspired by the groundbreaking approach of Miles Davis, the virtuoso pianist, who brings his soul to jazz, was one of the most exciting names in the neo-soul movement of the ‘90s. With his albums released through Blue Note, he received three Grammy awards. He continues to inject a high dose of jazz into R&B and hip-hop and through his new band R+R=Now he brings together his like-minded friends, namely multi-instrumentalist Taylor McFerrin, bass guitarist Derrick Hodge, jazz trumpeter Christian Scott, and Terrace Martin, the man behind Kendrick Lamar’s chart-topping hits. You can’t afford to miss this newly established and ever-exhilarating band’s first-ever Istanbul concert!
Doors open: 21.00
- The event is seated.
- For ages 7+
- Children under 18 can attend with accompanying adults with tickets and will also need a ticket. Wristbands in different colours will be provided for those under 18 and over. Wristbands must not be removed until the end of the concert.
- Student IDs need to be produced at the door; otherwise, İKSV holds the right to issue difference tickets or invalidate the ticket in cases where tickets in suitable categories are sold-out.
- No food or beverage from outside is allowed in the event area.
- Taking photographs or videos are forbidden at the event. Please do not bring your professional cameras.
- Black, White and Red Tulip Card members can buy a maximum number of two (2) discount tickets, while Yellow Tulip Card members are entitled to one (1) discount ticket per event.
- The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased per event per person is 6.
- The Festival reserves the right to alter the program or artists due to reasons beyond its control. Tickets cannot be returned as long as the programme remains the same.