Night Out Concerts
SELEN GÜLÜN "KADINLAR MATİNESİ"
Selen Gülün vocals, piano, electric piano, synth
Ceyda Köybaşıoğlu double bass, electric bass, vocals
Monika Bulanda drums, percussions
Serhan Erkol and Siney Yılmaz saxophone
One of the most accomplished Turkish musicians whose compositions are performed by some of the most esteemed orchestras in the world and who is known for being a talented pianist and singer as well as a composer, Selen Gülün brings her solid project, Women’s Matinée, to the festival stage. The idea for the project materialised for the first time in 2011 when Donne in Musica asked Selen Gülün to perform with Italian musicians a selection of works by Turkish female musicians during the Donne in Jazz festival. The project was developed throughout the following years and in 2017 resulted in an album of the same name, Kadınlar Matinesi (Women’s Matinée). The album is given life by more than 10 female artists who contribute through their compositions, instruments and vocals, and is a first in Turkish musical history. Selen Gülün’s dynamic music that features a variety of styles blending the classical with the modern is the pillar of this solidarity.
Doors open: 18.30
- The event is seated.
- Children under 18 can attend with accompanying adults with tickets and will also need a ticket.
- Student IDs need to be produced at the door; otherwise, İKSV holds the right to issue difference tickets or invalidate the ticket in cases where tickets in suitable categories are sold-out.
- No food or beverage from outside is allowed in the event area.
- Taking photographs or videos are forbidden at the event. Please do not bring your professional cameras.
- Black, White and Red Tulip Card members can buy a maximum number of two (2) discount tickets, while Yellow Tulip Card members are entitled to one (1) discount ticket per event.
- The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased per event per person is 6.
- The Festival reserves the right to alter the program or artists due to reasons beyond its control. Tickets cannot be returned as long as the programme remains the same.